The Soap Box

General non-Live discussion

The Soap Box

Postby Klara » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Did you get stuck in traffic on the way to work?
Did you just have to eat lunch with someone who eats with their mouth open?
Do you wish the Aust Government would set greenhouse gas reduction targets that would actually make a difference?

Here is your space to rant.

I want to start with the Aust GHG reducion target? I mean what the hell is 5% - I'll tell you what...It is basically business as usual - K-Rudd don't waste my time!!

He is such a wimp! As soon as Woodside and BHP and Chevron etc start making a few threats the Gov'mt backs down. Don't be decieved folks, the government doesn't run this country, industry does!

that's it for now
Cheers
K
It's like there's people in my throat
Klara

Re: The Soap Box

Postby divegirl » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:30 pm

bloody governments.

I'm single, have a full time job, I pay all my bills including a mortgage. so as a responsible member of the community why is that my taxes are being used to give money/bonuses to those who have never worked a day in their life??? where's my bonus for supporting all those bums who take money from the government??? the government should be saving every tax dollar i pay so when I get old and cant work they can give me a pension from the taxes i paid over my working life, as it is there prob wont be a pension when I'm old enough to apply for it

while I'm having a whine, I'm not into kids and not planning on having any of my own. I don't see why employers should pay people who go on maternity leave. I understand that they need time for the baby and I get that, but it's their choice to have the baby so why should employers pay them wages while on leave?? My babies are the 4 leg furry kind, when i get a new puppy can I take maternity leave and get paid for it (I doubt it very much).

ok I think I'm done for now, geeze i'm a whiner
divegirl

Postby dangum » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:01 am

I cannot get my mind around how popular Pink is. It just boggles the mind. At last count she's playing 39 shows in Australia next year. 39 shows. :shock: And these aren't small theatres, we're talking 15,000 seat arenas. 33 have sold out. Who's buying all these tickets??
dangum

Postby sammylee13 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:25 pm

Idiots. And my flatmate's sister's flatmate. Bloody gays! hahaha!! He loves it!

I think she'd put on a good show, but no way in hell I'd pay for it.. especially the amount she's asking for. I don't get it either, Dan.

P freakin S: Dudes that you have a bit of fun with one weekend, nothing x-rated or anything... you learn that the next weekend, they were hooking up with someone else and someone has said to you "his girlfriend.. I assume, they were kissing each other the whole time". HAHAHA! Manwhores for the loss. He was a cutie too, damnit.

Also.. I'm getting sick, I think.
sammylee13

Postby Shelle » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:26 pm

Ohhhh Meg, now you've laid the guilts on me for recieving some money that I didnt know I was getting......
It wasnt just dole bludgers though, all seniors got it, all working families whose income fell under whatever the amount it was ( and not recipients of any pension), disabled, carers etc etc. Would have been a really bleak Xmas for thousands if they hadnt sprung that. There will always be bludgers, granted. But on the whole most people are genuine, like anything else, its the lesser group of leeches giving the rest of us a stigma to struggle with.

Im not looking forward to being stuck in a bus for 10 hours on Tuesday. Or being in Mandurah. or feeling like I cant wait to get home when i dont actually know what day that will be yet. Thats all.
Shelle

Postby divegirl » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:48 am

Oh Shelle, dont worry about me prateling on, I'm just jealous that I have never recieved a bonus from the government ever. when I was younger I couldn't even get aust study for study while at school, so it shits me that so many others abuse the system, not that you are but I know a few who do and it frustrates me.

Congrats to you on the bonus, you lucky thing. spend it wisely..(hint on me :lol: )
divegirl

Postby Klara » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:32 pm

OOOOh I am so glad that I am not the only one out there who never wants to have kids.

I figure the world is over populated as it is - and I don't need to add another coarbon consuming, waste producing mouth to feed!

I had a friend say to me I should be ashamed coz my child may be the one to save the world...I just shrugged and told her she can pass that duty onto her child.Poor kid.

I just want to rant that Divorced parents should really avoid putting their children in the middle of things - and for god's sake - Stop acting like children, act like the adults you are supposed to be!
It's like there's people in my throat
Klara

Postby Shelle » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:29 pm

divegirl wrote:Oh Shelle, dont worry about me prateling on, I'm just jealous that I have never recieved a bonus from the government ever. when I was younger I couldn't even get aust study for study while at school, so it shits me that so many others abuse the system, not that you are but I know a few who do and it frustrates me.

Congrats to you on the bonus, you lucky thing. spend it wisely..(hint on me :lol: )

Hehe, no offense taken Meg :) I was feeling a bit the same way about that payment too. I have morals, and would rather struggle than have money thrown at me. But I feel better about it knowing that dole bludgers didnt get it :) Only people who recieve family payments, and seniors/disabled/carers.
I spent it wisely, I got out of the overdue bill cycle, paid for upcoming school fees/uniforms etc for the boys, put my big boy into drama workshops, tennis lessons for my middle boy. It was enough to help me through a rather tight spot, the relief feels quite nice.

On my soapbox again about people not looking after their animals.
DESEX THEM FOR CRAPS SAKE.
This year I fostered 3 Mumma cats and their litters, 14 in all. Thanks to my good heart, most will find homes, but i had to stretch to find flea/worm treatments for the poor things, and my kids have gotten a ringworm each from helping me care for the kittens. Poor little things. I'm down a front garden, 2 flyscreens, a couch, and most of my carpet in the process too.
Shelle

Postby divegirl » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Shelle thats great that your helping those animals. many of whom get dumped at shelter and other who are put down due to owners not taking responsibility.

and I'm also glad that your bonus helped you out of a rough patch, may people were out buying materialistic crap rather than using it wisely. on a shelfish not I hope you saved some so you can get tickets for the next LIVE tour.
divegirl

Postby nic » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:13 pm

hey shelle, i agree with you 150% .for a start, pet shops should be forced to de-sex thier "pets" before they are sold (by a qualified veterenarian ofcourse). but that is still only the icing on the cake, the less dogs and cats out there, the less instances of animal cruelty and neglect, its really that simple. if you dont want a big smelly slobbering dog, then dont buy that cute little puppy in the window because, get this, THEY GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are probably preaching to the wrong people here, so to all you responsible, considerate caring people, sorry, but to everyone else, how would you like to be neglected or abused and not be able to defend yourself or tell the relevant authority? pretty bloody miserable huh?
nic

Postby sammylee13 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:17 pm

Changing the topic. My vent is: why is my body not designed to handle mixing of alcoholic beverages?

I am still feeling quite a bit seedy after last night's efforts (it's currently 11:42pm). Howevs, I did not vom.

Dear body,

I refer to the abovementioned event and advise that I will be consuming alcohol in the future, next weekend actually, however confirm that I will not be consuming it in this order:-

1. Vodka
2. Bacardi
3. Bacardi
4. Vodka
5. Beer
6. Vodka
7. Champagne
8. Champagne
9. Galliano
10. Vodka
11. Tequila
12. Baileys

I understand that this was a lethal combination and I am paying for it today. I actually started to realise it was a lethal combination in between steps 7 and 8, but I fed you some water and got back on it, and for this I apologise.

(I was still drunk when I got out of bed this morning and went to the shops, thank you.)

Sincerely,

Sam
sammylee13

Return to Off-Topic