Bushfires

General non-Live discussion

Bushfires

Postby nic » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:59 pm

I would just like to offer my best wishes and prayers for the victims of the bushfires :( , I cant imagine the terror and heartache theyre experiencing right now. All I can say is, may the arsonists slowly burn in hell :twisted: .
nic

Re: bushfires

Postby divegirl » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:47 am

BIG THANKS to all the fire fighters, emergency workers and everyone helping in the efforts.

I'm just praying my friends and thier parents are ok, I have not heard from them since Sat night and the town where his parents lived is gone. PLEASE be safe
divegirl

Postby nic » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:35 am

divegirl, i hope they find your friends and their families alive and safe, im sure we all know someone right now who is affected by this tragedy. there is alot that we can do to help, there are a number of charities set up to recieve goods and funds for the disaster relief efforts, namely the red cross, also anybody who is able to donate blood should get thier bums down to their local red cross blood donor centre, call 13 14 95 to make an appointment or jump on the website www.giveblood.redcross.org.au, im a regular blood donor, and i can tell you that the experience of giving blood isnt as bad as many would think, and it is far outweighed by the knowlege that you are saving lives. they are really calling out for these donations, so please dig deep, that is the aussie way after all. ps .i notice they are playing overcome quite alot when going to and from ad breaks during the coverage of these fires.
nic

Postby divegirl » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:46 pm

Thanks Nic,

My friends are fine they managed to save the house and stay safe however they did loose the whole farm. My friends are still up there fighting the spot fires which start up.

I'm volunteering at the RSPCA tomorrow and were doing a collection for the Animal Aid Trust in Coldstream. they are taking on animals who no longer have homes, free of charge to all those affected by the fires.
divegirl

Postby nic » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:25 pm

the animals certainly are the forgotten ones when this kind of tragedy occurs, what your doing is awesome. the 'authorities' have estimated a loss of about 1 million animal lives during these fires so far, i cant even get my head around that. its too sad.
nic

Return to Off-Topic